Friday, January 8, 2010

Taylor Lautner coming to WMU??

OMG!! My daughter was jumping up and down this morning as the gossip mill is buzzing at Western Michigan University!! Taylor Lautner is rumored to be coming to the university as a student in the 2010-2011 school year!

For those of you who aren't quite up to date on the teenage heart throb meter, Taylor Lautner is the muscle bound hunk "Jacob" in the Twilight saga.  He is from the Grand Rapids, MI area , and there have been confirmed sightings of him on campus at Western, touring the arts department and picking up an application.

My daughter is really geeked over this possible happening as she is a student at WMU and firmly ensconched in their marching band, and a  film/video/photography student, and that would place her directly in his path while attending Western.

I have to admit, that I told her if she brought that piece of eye candy home to meet her parents, I might just have to kiss her! LOL!!  I might be a mom, but I still have eyes, and a gorgeous young man he is!  Well, all joking aside, I hope this is true, Western is an up and coming little institution who has fostered a few famous people for being so remote. Tim Allen, and Matt Giraud of American Idol Fame to name two. And I know there are a few others as I have seen them at the football games on Alumni days, just their names escape me now.  I can totally see it happening, as he would be about 45 minutes away from his home, and with the new film industry that is starting to make a real presence here, he could have his pick of rolls in his down time.

Just a bright spot for these kids in a really dreary winter in Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment